Random Thoughts

Just few random thoughts that come to my mind.... Is anyone listening?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom

A management consultant by profession; a human by nature. I listen to, read about and face new experiences in a typical day. As you do too. This blog is my expression of what I think of them. The views expressed in the blogs are personal and not associated with my current employer and/or assignment.

Thursday 14 February 2008

Limericks and Me

I have a very long association with limericks. I got my first exposure to limericks while in junior school. And I mean the 'decent' ones which just followed the rules of limericks, without spices! And I was smitten by it! Dunno why!!! I tried Haiku too, but could not get hooked on to Haiku in THAT way as limericks.

People do tend to associate limericks with 'spicy' side of literature, but what-the-hell I like it. Recently I came across this site, which is a free-for-all for limericks enthusiasts. Each visitor is expected to contribute a line (within the rules) and the limerick gets completed. If you like limericks, you should visit this site. And contribute. You don't need to register, nor you are expected to divulge your identity. And DO go thru the past limericks. The URL is http://mass_limerick.tripod.com/

And if you like it, please do leave a message at this site. It DOES need some hits - very badly!

PS: Why am I writing about limericks on St Valentine's Day?
Duh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home